Saturday 2 June 2012

Our Greatest Strengths are our greatest Weaknesses



Our greatest Strenghth could be our fatal flaw
 I don’t know about you, but it has become part of human instinct and spirit to doubt oneself at some stage or the other. Some people suffer from this in a great degree and it affects their personality ad self-image and worth. It is the most crippling and frustrating feeling I have ever experienced. We all have gifts and talents and are really good at certain things. It’s our differences that make us interesting and dependant on one another for growth, understanding and most importantly to learn from one another.

The topic of this blog rings true in my life (I shall give you one example). I used to think with my heart way more than with my head and this lead to alot loss, loss of friendships, hurt and betrayal of people and even cutting myself shot and standing back for others to have better opportunities than I because I felt sorry for them (I have a few examples of this actually). I even found myself agreeing to white lies because I did not want to get people into trouble – Absurd!
The flip side of all of this is that I now find myself being a bit harder than necessary in certain instances, even towards myself. I realised this when a friend of mine told me that something has died in me – I was shocked at this statement but when I went back and thought about it, it was true, I had allowed situations, people and circumstances to change who I really was, I was no longer really being true to myself.

I sat back and took stock of what was important to me – my family, my health, being happy (we create this for ourselves, no person can do this for us – I finally learned that) and being true to my God and to myself. Since then I have learned to let allot of things go and allow the flow of life to guide me, acceptance of where you are in your life is a great starting point to this free making journey.

So – don’t allow your strengths to become your weaknesses, know who you are and be happy with your life – if you are not, make a change and become Happy, find it within yourself.

Much Love

Tanya B

No comments:

Post a Comment