Sunday 25 March 2012

How do you step from the top of a 100-foot pole


Stepping from the top of a 100 foot pole
One step at a time of course! Most situations in life seem like we are either at the top or the bottom of a 100 foot pole and we have no idea what our next move should be, its a bit like eating an elephant, one bite at a time (FYI - I don’t eat elephants!). Problems, challenges and difficulties are part of our every day human existence, be it at the office, at home, in our relationships or even with ourselves, the way to deal with it is to start fro ma point and work your way through the challenges, the questions, the hard times and the frustrating and confusing walls and blockages we face.

If we take ourselves and life less seriously we will find that our greatest judge is ourselves. We shouldn't care what others think of us, or maybe not as much as we currently do. I know I used to give of my best at  work always, came in early, did more than was expected, never take lunch or off days, worked overtime for no extra money and came in weekends, while my husband was left with my tired, irritable and drained self (sound familiar). I have decided to balance my life properly and do things in my stride, especially now that I am carrying a little life, I have realised that this is so not about me any longer.

So I am now eating better and regularly, taking my breaks and leaving at 16h30, to be kind to myself , my body and most importantly my baby and husband.

What was not done today, can be picked up tomorrow morning at 8am. If you have relationship issues, really listen to what your partner wants and needs from you, talk rationally and then agree on steps to follow in order to try and accommodate each other better, try different ways of doing things and approaching situations before you give up.

So with all my blabbing and side tracking - my message to you today is chill a bit, be kind to yourself and those that really care for you and laugh at life now and then!

God Luck to all in this constant pursuit of balance!


Love

Tanya B

No comments:

Post a Comment