Friday 11 May 2012

Family Matters

Family moments
All of us have families, some of us love our family and cannot stay away longer than a few days, while others keep a happy and comfortable distance and only gather to chat and catch up at big family events of overt big holidays.

Either way we all have a place where we come from, a name we carry, a way in which we were brought up and a set of values and morals that have set the course for our lives. Only when our Mother and or Father is faced with possible death do we realise what we have and how much we value all those funny sayings, “irritating” times spent together and stories shared.

I would like to tell you a bit about my family – I am the Eldest Daughter of 2 siblings, I have an amazing brother who is wise beyond years and has been my pillar for most of my life. I have the most wonderful mother, with a huge heart, she is always happy and contented and accepts all kinds of people for who they are she makes a little go a long way and has the most beautiful smile. She makes people feel good about themselves and she is warm and kind hearted. My dad has always been the more distant one but loves us beyond anything I can imagine, He has always provided for us in all ways and still today always tries his best to make us happy beyond his own wants and needs.

I now have a husband and a little baby on the way so my immediate family has broken away from what I have always known. Marriage is the most wonderful experience, but also the most challenging. I have learned to do lots of introspection and growing within myself. I feel blessed to be married to a kind and gentle soul, we are very different but that’s what makes us know we love each other – lol.

My extended family is a mix of everything I guess – my cousins all have different personalities and very special qualities that I love them all for. I don’t see all of them often but we have a great love for one another and our support system is one to be reckoned with.
All in all family is wonderful, with our up’s and downs and in’s and out’s we strengthen and learn from each other all the time. I believe life is to be lived, always be happy, be true to the higher power which you serve and always be available to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment