Saturday 5 May 2012

Wedding Cake in the Middle of the Road



Louis and Tanya Wedding Cake 4 December 2010

If any of you reading this blog has been a bride or are planning a wedding you would probably relate to this blog post titled Wedding Cake in the middle of the road. Sit back with a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!

So the big day came when my boyfriend popped the question after three years of dating. It was the most perfect proposal (bar the fact that my hair was not clean and I had no makeup on and was not wearing a really awesome dress to dinner).It came as a total shock and surprise but it was the most amazing evening, so perfectly planned.

Louis proposed on Valentines weekend of 2010, we had a table set in the wine cellar of an amazing restaurant, with champagne on ice and rose petals all over the floor and tables and the perfect amount of candle light, he wrote me a beautiful letter and went down on one knee! I had found my prince and I was on top of the world!

So the planning began – we decided we wanted to get married that December and set a date to 4 December 2010. The lists were made of venues, guests, colour schemes, décor and of course dress.

Every Saturday was booked out for the wedding to do list. After a few months all the plans were in action and everything booked, what was left was to decide on a cake style, colour and flavour. We decided on a humming bird and chocolate mousse 4 tier white chocolate wedding cake with white roses, pearls, crystals and green ribbon for décor – perfect!
The wedding day had arrived and I was stress free, my day was perfect and so would be the rest of my life, I arrived at the guest house to have breakfast with my bridesmaids and we had a pleasant morning preparing for the church. My cousin was my co-ordinator for the venue so she was arranging that the cake get to the hall on time before any of the guests, one problem – she asked her brother to collect the cake and transport it to the venue and as he was carrying it to the car, it fell in the middle of the road – wedding cake in the middle of the road!
All the drama aside – I had a beautiful wedding and made another plan for wedding cake – luckily there was dessert and a sweet table.

1 comment: