Saturday 5 May 2012

The Sound of One Hand Clapping



The sound of one hand

The sound of one hand clapping could be an odd thought or concept for most. I certainly took a while to wrap my head around it. This title could mean different things to each of us, for me personally I think of it as my inner voice or voice of reason guiding me through life, assisting me in every day decisions and pacing my life.

The rhythmical almost drumming sound is like a compass reminding and directing me, reminding me to stay calm in a storm or to slow down and take care of myself, directing me in decisions and directions in my personal and professional life. It’s almost like a moral and ethical compass, that voice that sounds like your mom’s when you do something wrong and you are reprimanded or scolded.

We all need some kind of voice, beat or rhythm that realigns us when we lose the plot at times, something inside of us that guides us to do the right thing or make the right decisions for our lives.

The sound of one hand clapping is a bold reminder to me when things get crazy, busy, stressful or really tough at times. The mention of this sentence creates a “time out” space in my head and even for my body and when I take time out for a massage in a tranquil place I can actually hear the drumming beat of the slow clap of one hand.
I hope this blog creates a thought process for everyone who reads it to find their own mantra of rhythm and calmness for their body, mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment